TxOHC Oral Health Program for Older Adults and Individuals With Disabilities
The mission of this program is to provide oral health education and increase access to care for older adults and individuals with disabilities so that every person has the opportunity to reach 80 years of age with 20 of their natural teeth.
Mission 80/20 has several key components:
- Promote and support TMF Health Quality Institute’s Smile Proud project to provide free onsite, online and video education, knowledge, skills and oral care support to nursing home staff and residents.
- Develop oral health education videos/materials
- Expand the 2019 Older Adult Oral Health Project that provided 3,600 homebound older adults in Bexar, Frio, and Atascosa counties oral health goodies and our oral health and aging rack card in celebration of dental hygiene month in partnership with United Healthcare, Area Agencies on Aging and Meals on Wheels.
- Support adult Medicaid dental benefits
- Support adult dental benefits in Medicare
Image courtesy of Witthaya Phonsawat at FreeDigitalPhotos.net