Most of us take oral health for granted, but for thousands of individuals and families in Texas, lack of access to appropriate, quality oral health care has enormous, and sometimes tragic consequences. Children in pain caused by tooth decay cannot eat properly, cannot learn properly and will not develop properly. Adults with missing, diseased or damaged teeth often find it difficult to secure employment and be self-sufficient. They not only have physical pain, but also may suffer the emotional pain of self-consciousness, embarrassment, low self-esteem and depression.
The Texas Oral Health Coalition is the primary organization in Texas working across the state to bring together health professionals from all disciplines, policy makers, educators, industry leaders and others to advance comprehensive oral health care for all. We create partnerships both statewide and at the local level to identify and implement innovative and effective approaches to improving oral health. Your contribution is essential to our continued efforts and will make a real difference in the lives of thousands of your neighbors.
Please share in our mission to make optimal oral health a reality for all Texans by donating today. The Texas Oral Health Coalition, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Contributions of any amount are welcomed and appreciated!
What is the AmazonSmile Foundation
The AmazonSmile Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to administer the AmazonSmile program. All donation amounts generated by the AmazonSmile program are remitted to the AmazonSmile Foundation. In turn, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates those amounts to the charitable organizations selected by our customers. Amazon pays all expenses of the AmazonSmile Foundation; they are not deducted from the donation amounts generated by purchases on AmazonSmile.
How does AmazonSmile work?
When first visiting AmazonSmile, customers are prompted to select a charitable organization from almost one million eligible organizations. In order to browse or shop at AmazonSmile, customers must first select a charitable organization. For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the customer’s selected charitable organization.
Steps to Set Up Your Account
You may now elect to donate 0.5% of your Amazon purchase to TxOHC by shopping on AmazonSmile.
- To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Log into your Amazon account, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
- Choose the Texas Oral Health Coalition as your charity or use this link to go directly to smile.amazon.com in support of The Texas Oral Health Coalition so you don’t have to search for TxOHC among other organizations.
- Save smile.amazon.com to your bookmarks to eliminate repeating steps 1-3 each time you wish to shop on Amazon.
- Begin Shopping! Most products are eligible on AmazonSmile–if not, you’ll be notified. You can checkout normally as well. No extra cost is passed onto you–Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to TxOHC!
Goodshop provides the best shopping deals on the internet, and donates to the nonprofit or school of your choice for almost every purchase you make.
Register with Goodshop then head on over to the pick a cause page and select Texas Oral Health Coalition (or visit the TxOHC page directly). Once you’ve signed up for a nonprofit and chosen the stores you love to shop at, sit back and receive the latest coupons and offers at thousands of top retailers like Amazon, Macy’s, Target and Best Buy.
Goodshop, has multiple ways to donate including:
- Donate while you search using https://www.goodsearch.com/ powered with the yahoo search engine.
- Download the Goodshop app at the app store or google playhttps://www.goodsearch.com/mobile.
- Download the Gumdrop add-on for Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Goodshop Gumdrop will search through more than 500,000 coupons/deals to automatically bring you the best discounts wherever you shop online and a portion of each participating sale will automatically be donated to TxOHC. Get Gumdrop here.