Mission and Bylaws
Established November 17, 2004
It shall be the mission of the Texas Oral Health Coalition to promote oral health across the lifespan by advocating for optimal oral health for all Texans through statewide partnerships.
We envision Texas as a state where every person is known to enjoy optimal oral health as part of his/her total well-being through individual and shared community responsibility where:
- Education and prevention are priorities;
- Education, prevention and treatment are available, accessible, affordable, timely, and culturally appropriate;
- Community solutions are shared among patients, parents, providers, employers, insurers, and government; and
- Collaboration with government, higher education, public and private sector ensures resources, supportive public policy, quality care, advocacy, and patient education.
- To increase oral health literacy in Texas.
- To change perceptions regarding oral health and disease so that oral health becomes an integral component of health policies and programs in Texas.
- To engage in activities to improve the oral health of all Texas citizens using evidence-based public health initiatives.
- To promote increased access to comprehensive oral health care for all Texans.