Adult Oral health Care
Resources on Elder Oral Health Care
- Oral Health America, A State of Decay, Oral Health America Report, 2016
- Oral Health America, State of Decay Infographic
- Research in America, Research in Action: Improving Health, Saving Money
- Infographic: S.192, the Older Americans Act Reauthorization
Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors (ASTDD) Resources
Database and Oral Health Guide for older adults
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Administration for Community Living (ACL), and Office on Women’s Health (OWH) have launched a new searchable oral health database of low cost programs and the comprehensive "how to" guide for communities to promote oral health programs for older adults!
MMLearn is a program of Morningside Ministries that provides educational videos for caregivers of older adults. Includes video series "Ask the Geriatrician", and topics such as dementia, depression, oral care, health, hospice, caregivers help, grief and loss, diabetes, etc.
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS)
The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) provides support to older adults. Services include access and assistance services, in-home services, and nutrition services.
Visit the DADS website to see what services are available to you.
Other Elder Care Resources For more resources please visit
- Seniors Oral Health Resource
- Aging in Place
- Texas State Plan on Aging
- Assisted Living Facilities, Tips for Choosing a Facility and Making the Transition
- Elder Abuse Resource
- Eldercare Locator
- Incurred Medical Expenses (IME) - Paying for Dental Care: A How-To Guide
- Nutrition Guide for the Aging and Elderly
- Providing Dental Care for Geriatric Patients in Long Term Care - TxOHC Powerpoint
- Seniors Health
- Supports for Older Adults, People with Physical Disabilities, and Family Caregivers
- The National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD) just released an infographic that depicts an overview of the oral health experiences of older adults and persons with disabilities.
|Description||Type||Location of Resource|
|American Medical Directors Association:
Improving Oral Health of LTC Residents
|Annals of Long-Term Care: Meeting Oral Health Challenges in LTC Facilities||Article||http://www.annalsoflongtermcare.com/
|The Cross-Federal Initiative: Expanding Oral Health Access for Older Adults||Webinar||http://aoa.gov/AoARoot/AOA_Programs/HPW/Oral
|University of Minnesota: School of Dentistry:
Oral Care for Older Adults in Long-Term Care
|American Dental Education Association:
Nursing Home Oral Health Manual
|University of Kentucky: Oral Health Training Program for Nursing Staff||Powerpoint||http://stream.uky.edu/bbstream/NHOH/30/
|Oral Health Nursing Education and Practice||Multiple||www.ohnep.org|
|Center for Oral Health:
Guidelines for Providing Dental Services in Skilled Nursing Facilities